KALRO digitization work builds on extensive years of agricultural research, technology, and innovation generation with big data, information, and knowledge from research scientists. The organization’s ICT infrastructure houses an extensive agricultural dynamic database comprising data on farmers, soil, climate, and weather data set KALRO has established a Big Data platform and a cloud-based High Performing Computing (HPC).
In partnership with other stakeholders, KALRO is working to improve the quality and variety of data sets. In addition, develop relevant use cases and services. Some platforms, data products, and services include FarmStack, The Open Content Agriculture Platform, Crops, Livestock, and Pasture selector.
KALRO has received grants support from development partners and is seeking to recruit professionals on contractual terms in the following positions:
- PRODUCT ENGINEER ONE (1) POSITION
- PRODUCT MANAGER ONE (1) POSITION
- DATACENTER ADMINISTRATOR TWO (2) POSITIONS
- APPLICATION DEVELOPER ONE (1) POSITION
- CONTENT COORDINATOR ONE (1) POSITION
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Application for the positions is STRICTLY ONLINE using the platform
- Detailed Job Descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the KALRO Website; https://www.kalro.org/careers/
- All applications MUST be received on or before 25th July 2022 by 5.00 p.m.
- KALRO is an equal opportunity Employer; Persons with disability, marginalized and minorities are also encouraged to apply
- KALRO DOES NOT charge ANY FEES for job applications
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- ONLY applicants who meet ALL the requirements will be shortlisted and contacted
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be required to avail of the following documents during the interview: –
- Original Academic and Professional Certificates
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Criminal Investigations Department
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)