|Job Title||Information & Communication Technology Officer II|
|No. of Positions||6|
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Configuring and maintaining Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks;
ii. Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
iii. Drawing up Hardware Specifications for Information Communication Technology Equipment;
iv. Overseeing the process of configuration of new Information Communication Technology equipment;
v. Analyzing designing, coding, testing, implementing computer programs;
vi. Maintaining a high degree of user services for all support queries and adhere to all ICT service management principles;
vii. Designing, setting-up and configuring ICT systems and network systems;
viii. Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
ix. Developing, installing and testing ICT systems, networks and upgrades;
x. Resolving and restoring operational issues and ICT services;
xi. Maintaining primary and disaster recovery data centres;
xii. Carrying out work and changes to the ICT infrastructure components;
xiii. Administering and maintaining LAN & WAN;
xiv. Evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established performance standards;
xv. Following up with vendors and service providers on warranty issues; and
xvi. Verifying, validating and certification of Information Communication Technology equipment.
i. Must have served as a Senior Information Communication Technology Assistant or/in comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Bachelor’s degree in any the following disciplines: –
Computer Science; Information Science; Information Technology; Business Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE); Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA); or any other equivalent qualification from recognized Institution;
iv. High integrity and high professional standards;
v. Good communication and interpersonal skills;
vi. Commitment to continuous learning, performance improvement and professional development;
HOW TO APPLY
The Public is notified of the following: –
- Application for the positions is STRICTLY ONLINE using the link provided
- Job descriptions, requirements and how to apply are available on the KALRO Website; www.kalro.org/Careers
- All applications MUST be received on or before 5th August 2022 by 5.00 p.m.
- KALRO is an equal opportunity Employer; Persons with disability, marginalised and minorities are also encouraged to apply.
- KALRO DOES NOT charge ANY FEES for job applications.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- ONLY applicants who meet ALL the requirements will be shortlisted and contacted.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be required to avail the following documents during the interview: -Original Academic and Professional Certificates
- Original Academic and Professional Certificates
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Criminal Investigations Department
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).