Library and Information Services (LIS)
KALRO Library and Information Service are dedicated to disseminating agricultural information and Knowledge throughout the agricultural value chains.
Library and Information Services Objectives
- To develop a reference point for literature on Kenyan and international agriculture, for researchers in KALRO, partner institutions and beyond
- To develop an information resource, in print or e-format, collection which is responsive to clients demands and agricultural opportunities and policy environment through purchase, exchange or subscription.
- To create, preserve and provide access to a comprehensive bibliographic repository with full text articles of documents on Kenyan agriculture generated by KALRO
- To Promote use of standards and guidelines in collection, storage and dissemination of information
- To promote sharing of information with existing networks and consortia
- To liaise with other Departments and relevant programs to acquire and provide access to repackaged information resources necessary to support agricultural research and the agricultural industry in general