Vision and Mission
The mandate of KALRO is to promote, streamline, coordinate and regulate all aspects of research in agriculture and livestock development, and also promote the application of the research findings and technologies in the country.
To be a global centre of excellence for research in agriculture and livestock
Generate and promote knowledge, technologies and innovations for sustainability of the agriculture and livestock sector for the wellbeing of Kenyans
To contribute to the growth of the agricultural sector through research, technology transfer and utilization of agricultural innovations
i) Excellence and professionalism
ii) Integrity and ethics
iii) Innovativeness and quality
iv) Environmental consciousness
v) Partnerships and cooperation
1) To generate and promote technologies and innovations for demand-driven agricultural and livestock product value chains.
2) To develop and promote markets and marketing strategies for agricultural and livestock product value chains.
3) To facilitate and advocate policy option for enhancing demand-driven agricultural and livestock product value-chains.
4) To strengthen the capacity for implementing agricultural and livestock product value chains research.
5) To enhance availability of knowledge, information, and technologies on agricultural and livestock product value chain research.