Research Liason & Advisory
To achieve the above objective the following activities will be undertaken:-
- Organize and hold seminars for farmers leaders (co-operative societies management and supervisory committees and managers)
- Disseminate information through mass media
- Advisory visits to farmers, co-operative societies, farmer groups /associations
- Organize and facilitate in open days and business development days
- Participate in agricultural shows/exhibitions.
- Offer on-station advisory.
- Organization and facilitation of field based training e.g. Farmer’s seminars and farmer field schools (FFS)
- Design, development, production and review of CRF publications (Posters, brochures, booklets, books and audio- visual training materials).
- Manage CRF demonstration plot at Namwela.
- Initiate introduction of agro forestry trees in coffee nurseries
- Collaborate on studies on coffee certification processes.
- Develop and run on TV a 30 seconds advert on CRF research activities and services