- To provide a sound disease diagnostic and advisory service to coffee farmers in collaboration with Research liaison & Advisory section.
- To strengthen the chemical control strategy of Coffee Berry Disease (CBD) & Coffee Leaf Rust (CLR).
- To make a thrust in the development of a bio-control strategy of CBD, CLR, Bacterial Blight of Coffee (BBC) as well as Fusarium Bark & Root diseases.
- To improve knowledge and understanding of the diversity and molecular activity of mycotoxigenic fungi.
- To advance to new horizons, the current understanding in genomics and molecular interaction between coffee pathogens and coffee germplasm in collaboration with Breeding Section.
To maintain surveillance of changing weather patterns as affects distribution and severity of old coffee diseases and possible emergence of new ones eg. Coffee Wilt Disease, through frequent Disease Monitoring & Survey (DMS).