- Organize, design and conduct on-station and on-farm beef research in accordance with existing policies and set priorities.
- Identify production, policy, market, processing and utilization constraints in the in the beef sub sector; plan and execute short and long-term research programs.
- Identify and disseminate, in collaboration with partners and stakeholders options to improve beef production.
- Collaborate with the extension services and partner institutions to disseminate research results and technologies.
- Establish and maintain contact with regional and international agricultural research centres to tap the rapid introduction, evaluation and use of improved beef technology to the country.
- Conduct under the direction of the secretariat, annual reviews of research results obtained and modify planned research programs accordingly.
- Promote demand-driven participatory beef research, planning and priority setting.