ADS Pwani is the development arm of the dioceses of Malindi, Mombasa and Taita Taveta,with the mandate to spearhead social development ministry in the Coast region on behalf of or with the church, the ultimate goal being the empowerment of community members of all faiths to live healthier and enriched lives.
· Enhancing community health resilience
· Enhancing community literacy levels through non formal education initiatives and advocacy
· Improving food security through increasing food production, environmental care, access to potable water, disaster risk reduction and conflict resolution.
Development projects aimed at improving food security include :-
· The Pwani project, a livelihoods and disaster risk reduction project funded by Tearfund being implemented in Ganze (Palakumi) and Magarini sub counties
· The Intergrated Food Security project funded by World Renew being implemented in Magarini sub county
· The Small Holder Poultry Agribusiness Development Enterprise (SPADE) funded by KALRO being implemented in Kilifi and Taita Taveta counties.
· The K SALES (Kenya Semi Arid Livestock Enhancement Support) project funded by Land O’ Lakes being implemented in Taita Taveta county.
· The Coast Peace and Livelihoods project funded by the Protestant Agency for Diakonie and Development Bread For the World (BROT)– Protestant Development Service, being implemented in Magarini sub county.
Contact person :
Mr. John Mangenge - Executive Director