Crop Protection Research
Development, validation and dissemination of technologies for integrated, sustainable and effective management of pests and diseases. The research entails;
- Development of integrated crop and pest management strategies.
- Identification and management of emerging invasive species.
- Capacity building on safe use of pesticides.
- Capacity building stakeholders on identification and management of quarantine pests.
- Monitoring of maximum residue levels (MRLs).
- Evaluation of new pest control products for their efficacy on target pests prior to registration by Pest Control Products Board (PCPB).
- Establishing linkages with stakeholders.